Hocking Correctional Facility
P. O. Box 59
16759 Snake Hollow Rd
Nelsonville, Ohio 45764
Phone (740) 753-1917
Fax (740) 753-4277
Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar
Hocking Correctional Facility Institutional Information
|Total Security Staff||83|
|FY12 GRF Budget||$14,227,154|
|(subject to monthly review and adjustment)|
|Daily Cost Per Inmate||$82.10|
|Population as of 12/11||450|
Security Level Descriptions:
- 1 = Minimum Security
- 2 = Medium Security
- 3 = Close Security
- 4 = Maximum Security
- 5 = Administrative Maximum
Hocking Correctional Facility Visiting
- Wednesday – Sunday 8:15 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. (Session A)
11:45 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (Session B)
- Visitors must be processed in no later than 9:45 a.m. for Session A and 2:00 p.m. for Session B.
- Visiting is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays and all State Holidays.
- Visiting hours are subject to change without notice. Please call the institution to verify visiting hours before planning a visit.
- Effective April 7, 2010, visiting reservations are strongly encouraged for all visiting sessions but a limited number of walk-in visitors may be allowed based on available space.
- Visitors may reserve one or both sessions for a day. Reserving both sessions in one day will count as one visit.
- Reservations are accepted 30 days in advance.
- Approved visitors may make a reservation by calling (740) 753-0422 from Wednesday through Sunday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Reservations may also be made with the front entry officer at the conclusion of a visit.
- Visitors with reservations who arrive more than one hour late will be treated as walk-in visitors.
- Walk-in visitors may use any unreserved visiting table.
Hocking Correctional Facility Institution-Specific Visiting Information
- Courtyard visiting is subject to weather conditions.
- Visiting is limited to a maximum of five visitors per inmate at one time, unless special arrangements have been made in advance.
- There is a $50 limit allowed in the visiting room, to be used in the vending machines. The vending card machine initially requires a $5 bill to obtain a vending card, after which other bill denominations may be used.
Pacific Telephone Company provides discount inmate telephone call services to Hocking Correctional Facility, and other jails throughout America.