2075 South Avon-Belden Road
Grafton, Ohio 44044
Fax (440) 748-2191
|Total Security Staff||264|
|FY12 GRF Budget||$37,164,532|
|(subject to monthly review and adjustment)|
|Daily Cost Per Inmate||$73.43|
|Population as of 12/11||1,361|
Security Level Descriptions:
- 1 = Minimum Security
- 2 = Medium Security
- 3 = Close Security
- 4 = Maximum Security
- 5 = Administrative Maximum
- 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. (Morning Session)
12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. (Afternoon Session)
- Visitation hours are the same for all inmates, regardless of assigned visiting day. To determine assigned visiting day, please see the appropriate section below.
- Visitors must be processed in no later than 9:30 a.m. for morning visiting sessions and 1:00 p.m. for afternoon visiting sessions.
- We recommend visitors arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of the visiting session to complete registration paperwork and review documentation.
- Visiting is closed for all inmates on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
Visiting hours are subject to change without notice. Please call the institution to verify visiting hours before planning a visit.
Reception Status Inmates:
- Reception inmates with numbers ending in an even number (2,4,6,8,0) may have visitation on even number dates.
- Reception inmates with numbers ending in odd numbers (1,3,5,7,9) may have visitation on odd number dates.
- Visitation is Monday through Friday. Reception inmates are allowed weekend visitation with their school age children with prior approval. However, the initial visit must take place on a weekday for verification and documentation of relationship.
- Effective November 1, 2011, reception inmates may receive 4 visits per month, no more than 2 visits per visitor. Each session counts as a separate visit.
- Visitors of reception inmates are permitted to download and bring the completed visitor application with them on their first visit. You may obtain the visitor application from our visiting page.
- Visits are permitted on Saturdays, Sundays, and all holidays except Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
- Effective November 1, 2011, cadre inmates may receive four visits each month. Each session counts as a separate visit.
- All visitors must be approved by Unit Staff prior to visiting.
- Reservations are not required.
Institution-Specific Visiting Information
- Visiting is limited to a maximum of 4 visitors per inmate at one time, including walking children, unless special arrangements have been made in advance.
- All inmates housed in the Special Management unit are permitted visitation Monday through Friday only. Inmates housed in Local Control Status or Disciplinary Control will receive a one hour visit per month.
- No money is permitted in the visitation room. Visitors may purchase a vending card with a $5 bill to buy food items during the visit.