Belmont Correctional Institution
P. O. Box 540
68518 Bannock Road
St. Clairsville, Ohio 43950
Fax (740) 526-0511
|Total Security Staff||292|
|FY12 GRF Budget||$41,840,242|
|(subject to monthly review and adjustment)|
|Daily Cost Per Inmate||$44.12|
|Population as of 12/11||2,730|
Belmont Correctional Institution Security Level Descriptions:
- 1 = Minimum Security
- 2 = Medium Security
- 3 = Close Security
- 4 = Maximum Security
- 5 = Administrative Maximum
- Wednesday – Sunday 7:45 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. (Morning Session)
11:45 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (Afternoon Session)
- Visitors must be processed in no later than 10:00 a.m. for morning visiting sessions and 1:30 p.m. for afternoon visiting sessions.
- Visiting is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays and all State Holidays.
- Visiting hours are subject to change without notice. Please call the institution to verify visiting hours before planning a visit.
- Visiting reservations are required for all visiting sessions.
- Reservations are accepted 30 days in advance.
- Approved visitors may make a reservation by calling 740-695-8138 from Wednesday – Sunday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- For Camp visiting, call 740-695-5169 , ext. 0 and ask for “Camp Visiting.”
Institution-Specific Visiting Information
- Visiting is limited to a maximum of four visitors per inmate at one time, unless special arrangements have been made in advance.
- All day visits shall count as both visits allowed per visitor each month.
Unique Belmont Correctional Institution Programs
Vocational Horticulture and Turf/Landscape Management: This is a 600 hour educational program that takes approximately 6 to 8 months to complete and obtain certificate. The students have the opportunity to prepare for and take the Landscape, Grower and Garden Center Ohio Certified Nursery Technician exams that are offered through the Ohio Nursery and Landscape Association. Students that pass one or more of these exams are issued a two year interim certification. They may apply for permanent certification if they obtain employment in the green industry. This BeCI vocational program entails classroom work and is community service approved which permits the students direct on the job training while servicing the community. The offender has the opportunity to meet with community partners, listen to their needs, apply their knowledge, make recommendations, supply a material list and complete the project.
Pacific Telephone Company provides discount inmate telephone service to Belmont Correctional Institution, and other jails throughout America.